2017 House League
House League will not be available for the 2017 season.
House League is a great way to meet new players around your level and enjoy some friendly competitive doubles play. House league sign up will be posted the last week of May. It starts July 9.
House League Registration
- REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IS OPEN AT THE CLUBHOUSE DURING SUPERVISED HOURS. REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE CLUBHOUSE ONLY.
- EACH PLAYER MUST BOOK AN ASSESSMENT FROM THE DATES BELOW IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE HOUSE LEAGUE (INCLUDED IN THE FEE)
- REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. THE FIRST 24 PEOPLE (12 TEAMS) WHO REGISTER FOR AND PAY WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THE HOUSE LEAGUE. (REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT.) A LIST OF SUBSTITUTES WILL BE KEPT AT THE CLUB DESK.
- The second session in the summer is not guaranteed due to uncertainty about the number of courts available due to possible construction at the park
- Individuals on the wait list do not pay until there is an opening.
- After the deadline for each session (see below), no refunds will be given.
House League Fees
- The enrollment cost per session of House League is $30.00 per player.
- Other payment options such as cheque, credit card, or debit can be made at the clubhouse during supervised hours.
Dates for House League are:
House League start: July 9
House League Offers
- Pro assessment to determine playing level
- Pro-run doubles strategy sessions – a great way to improve your doubles game
- 1 1/2 hour competitive matches (Saturdays 1:00-4:00 pm)
- Play-offs to determine winners
- The opportunity to win prizes at the end of the House League
- Maximum of six teams of two players per House League division (2 divisions).
- Partners are encouraged to sign up in together as a team; Both partners must complete online registration forms.
- Players who lack partners upon joining will be paired in their division at the discretion of the House League Director.
- Players remain with the same partner for the entire session.
House League Assessment
- All House League participants may attend one assessment session
- Assessments determine divisions and also match up players who signed up without partners.
- Players will be placed in the appropriate division based on their assessment by the pro.
- Individuals may only play in one division per session. You may switch divisions after the Spring session for the Summer session if you obtain approval from the pro.
- Maximum 12 people per assessment session.
- Please indicate your first and second assessment choices on the online registration form (see below). Every attempt will be made to accommodate at least one of your choices.
House League Schedule
Please note that there are three weeks of matches followed by two weeks of playoffs. Match schedule to be posted following assessment and teams finalized. Playoff schedule to be posted following the conclusion of all matches.
House League Format And Rules
- Best 2 out of 3 set matches with no ad-scoring (6 game sets, tie-breaker at 6-6).
- Third set a tie-breaker to 10.
- Team receiving serve at deuce decides which partner returns serve point.
- All matches are 1 1/2 hours in duration
- Warm-ups are limited to 10 minutes.
- If a match finishes early the players on that court have the court until the 1 1/2 hours is complete.
- New balls are provided for every match. The winning team keeps the balls
- Server should audibly announce the set score before the serve of each new games.
- Server should audibly announce the game score before each serve.
- Please be considerate of your opponents when taking breaks between games.
- Walking off court or refusing to continue a match will result in a default.
- Give your opponents the benefit of the doubt on line calls you’re not 100% sure of.
- Playoff standings will be determined by the win-loss record of teams from their three matches (weeks 1-3).
Lateness and No-Shows (applies to Playoffs as well)
- Please be considerate of your opponents and arrive a few minutes before the match.
- Teams lose one game for every 5 minutes of lateness before the match (maximum two games).
- Lateness of 15-19 minutes results in a set forfeit
- Lateness/no-shows beyond 20 minutes results in a forfeit of the entire match.
- A team with one member unable to attend a match MUST find a substitute to replace the missing member. Otherwise, the team will default the match.
- A team may only use one substitute player per match (at least one team member must play each match).
- Subs must be at a comparable level of play (players from higher division/with higher player rating levels are not permitted).
- A team unable to find a suitable substitute player must default the match.
- Matches may only be rescheduled due to rainouts.
- If a match is rained out, the rained out match will be played on the rain dates stated.
House League Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to both members of the winning team (in each division) based upon playoff standings:
- Winning Team (1st place) $50 Gift certificate
- Finalist Team (2nd place) $25 Gift certificate
Questions or Comments? If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org